Monday, April 28, 2008

Dove Vivi (cormeal pizza)

This is probably why I love Portland. Cornmeal Pizza! WHAT THE FUCK!? How awesome is that???? Dove Vivi serves up pizza pies and all their crusts are made with homemade cornmeal dough. The slice is thick and smaller than usual pizza. The cornmeal crust is really filling and taste a lot more like cake dough. I love it. Its a fast growing popular place. When we got there at 8pm on a Friday night the wait was about 40 minute. Kinda sucks but hey, I thought it was worth it. I would definitely get there a bit earlier so you won't have to wait. They have two vegan pizza choices. The Della Salute is basically a vegan pizza without cheese, filled with eggplants, tomato sauce, mushroom, green peppers, and caramelized onion. Sounds good huh? I got the Corn Cashew cheese with red pepper and caramelized onion. I spread some nutritious yeast and chili powder on top to give it a spice. It is a bit blend without the spice. Though still awesome. I wish I know how to make a cornmeal pizza crust. It can't be hard! Right? Each slice is $3.75, but you can get a half pie for $10, which is enough for two.
Eggplant Blue Cheese Pizza & Corn Cashew Vegan Pizza

B
$$
vegan friendly, pizza, Tue-Thur 4-10pm, Fri-Sun 11-10pm, close monday
2727 NE Glisan St. Portland, OR.
www.dovevivipizza.com

No comments: