Monday, March 31, 2008

March Saturday Brunch

I started holding Saturday (sometimes Sunday) morning vegan brunch at my apartment. I would invite friends to come over knit or play scrabble while I cook up a meal with my boyfriend. Here're some of the highlights from the last brunch.

Spelt Blueberry Pancake

Almond Cookie


I made the blueberry pancake with spelt flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla soymilk, ripe banana, vanilla extract, and frozen blueberry. It's to die for! I've also made it wheat-free by using oat flour and rice flour instead. You'll need to use ripe banana to keep the pancake dough consistent and fluffy. The almond cookie was simple enough. I got rice flour mix with barley flour, hint of salt, about two tablespoon of brown rice syrup, almond milk, baking soda, crushed almond and pine nut, and almond extract. They baked super fast! The barley and rice flour keeps the cookie soft on the inside and hard on the outside. I love how the pine nut is a soft texture contrast with the hard cookie surface.

Here's another vegan cheesecake I've made. Blueberry cheesecake! It's delicious!


And the previous vegan mixberry cheescake.

No comments: